Tired of the traditional mexican 7 layer dip? Take a trip to another part of the world with a recipe that is just as easy and is recommended to make a day ahead of time. This version of a Greek style layered dip recipe is a great way to add fresh veggies to your appetizer table.
Layered Greek Dip Recipe
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips
- In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips. Makes about 2-1/2 cups dip (16 servings).