Oven roasted Pork and Stuffing also signifies fall cooking season has bestowed upon us. There are so many different cuts of pork available that is has become as diverse as Chicken in most households today.
Stuffing is another dish that can easily be changed to fit your families tastes. Some people call it stuffing others call it dressing, what do you call it? I also love cranberries and lots of veggies in our dressing? Do you use the same recipe each year?
Such a quick and Easy Pork Chop recipe I found on Mrs Cubbison’s Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing Box and changed up the stuffing to our liking.
- 6 Pork Chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4-1 1/4 cup Chicken broth, water or apple juice (add more for moister stuffing)
- 3 meduim granny smith apples, diced
- 1 6oz bag mrs Cubbisons Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped celery (optional)
- Craisins (optional)
- Sprinkle Pork Chops lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides, in 2 tbs veg. oil. Remove pork chops and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter, add broth and diced apples, celery and craisins and simmer about 1-2 mins. ( I cooked it down even further)
- Add the contents of the stuffing into a greased 9x13x2 baking dish. pour apple mixture over stuffing and toss lightly with fork to blend. (I added at least 1 1/4 cup broth as I like a moist dressing)
- Place browned pork chops on top of apple and stuffing mixture, cover with aluminim foil and bake 30-35 minutes at 375′. F or until fork tender.
I am part of Bzz agent and was given the Kroger Moist and Tender Pork coupon as part of this program. I was also given Mrs Cubbsion’s stuffing thanks to Lee and Associates. All the opinions expressed are my own.