I found this idea in a Everyday Food magazine. It is an advertisement for Snyder’s pretzels and could not resist. If you have been following my blog the past year, I think you have realized my attraction to the salty sweet combination of chocolate and pretzels….
These would make a quick and easy treat for a class or neighborhood halloween party.
Here is the recipe as listed, of course you don’t need to make the entire batch. I just made about 6 by simply throwing in a bunch of green chocolate discs and pretzels together that my son enjoyed breaking.
- 1 bag of Pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of Wedding White Chocolate Wafers
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag of mini m& ms or mini cinnamon candies
1) break apart pretzel sticks into small pieces and set aside
2) Heat 4 cups of wafers as directed on bag ( I microwave them)
3) add 5-10 drops of green food coloring and stir.
4) Remove from heat and mix in the pretzel stick pieces until they are completely covered in chocolate
5) Scoop tablespoon size portions onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet
6) Apply flattened mini marshmallows for the eyes and finish with red or assorted candies for the center. (we added a little chocolate as glue–per my 4 year olds suggestion)
7) Place in fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool.
I USED GREEN CHOCOLATE DISCS…thinking they might be a little too green.. The ones in the advertisement looked a little more appetizing in a paler color. The kids however did not seem to care.