When ever I have a large household purchase, I will search the Internet and find the best prices, locate coupons and read reviews. This is usually done after the kids are in bed.
Well what about those more impulse buys while you are out shopping with three kids who are exhausted from dragging them around all day? You still want to be sure you get a good deal. I have found RedLaser, a phone app that is so useful while out shopping. Not only does it tell you the prices and stores on-line that carry the item you are contemplating at the store, but it can tell you what local stores have them in stock. It also has ratings from other consumers.
All you need to start using this free app, is a smart phone that has a camera to scan the bar code!
To download this great new, free app, click here.
- Scan and search for products using the bar code scanner.
- Compare prices online and at local retailers, so you’ll know you’re getting the best deal.
- Find out which stores stock what you’re looking for by searching
for a product locally. No need to drive around town searching for what you need!
- Browse product reviews and ratings.
- Buy directly from your phone using PayPal mobile express checkout and you can pick up your item in a nearby store.
- Create shopping lists (or wish lists!) and easily share them with friends and family via email, SMS, Twitter and Facebook.
- Scan a food item to get allergen and ingredient information.
- To see RedLaser in action, check out this video, which shows how you can use RedLaser to find a last-minute gift.
Maybe you have relatives that never know what to buy your kids for birthdays or holidays. Image bringing your kids to their favorite stores and having them make their own wish lists that you can share. Makes me think about registering for our wedding.