Yet another pretzel treat–Reindeers
Well I managed to do it again. Take chocolate and pretzels and make something for the holidays. This is the second year I have made these, however this time when I went shopping I had forgotten what type of pretzel to buy so I bought the small twist and the long sticks. Looking at my ingredients and realized I should have bought the large twist pretzels as antlers. When I went back to the grocery store I found chocolate covered twist pretzels in dark and white chocolate…..I know my motto is to save money but time is money isn’t it. I splurged for the premade pretzels. Actually were a little trickier since you had to get already dried chocolate to restick to each other.
To make the originial recipe, on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper:
1. Coat the chocolate twists or antlers with chocolate white or dark which ever is your preference.
2. Dip 3/4 of the pretzel stick into the same color chocolate if desired.
3. Place the log onto the twisted pretzel.
4. Immediately add mini chips for eyes and a red m& m for the nose.
You can mix things up with the colors of chocolate.
For the purchased chocolate covered “antlers”,
1. Add some chocolate to two pretzels to stick together.
2. cover the pretzel log with chocolate and place in the middle of the two pretzels.
Follow the same for adornments.
Let them dry completely before trying to package them. They will not fit in the individual pretzel treat bags the double antlers where too wide!
These are going to the kids in the neighborhood….
hmmm…what can I come up with for New Years Day and pretzels….any suggestions
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)